Parents, Community Members, and Former Battle of the Books Students ~
You probably know that our avid readers at WMMS strive to become more competitive each year in our district's Battle of the Books competition. Many teams in our district subscribe to a Battle of the Books question bank that comes with a cost of several hundred dollars. I, and many others, don't feel that it is good stewardship to use our limited funds that way; therefore, I am soliciting adults, and former BOB students to sign-up to read a few of our books and assist in writing questions for the 27 books that our students will be reading for competition.
Sign-up for Books (and 20 questions per book) here.
There are three ways to submit your questions:
- via Google Form, located here. (After clicking the "submit" button for a question, you may use the back button to return to the pre-filled form, then you'll only need to change the question and the page number. If you use this method, be sure to click submit with each question.)
- via your own spreadsheet. Please create your columns in this order:
- Book Title
- Author's Last Name
- Question starting with, "In which book" or "IWB"
- Page number that the question's answer can be found
- Your e-mail address
- via e-mail to email@example.com -- be sure to include the title and author of your book, as well as the page number that each question was found. This helps in the case of a challenge, where two books could be the answer to the same question.
2017-18 Book List